Trade Training differs from the center-based program as placements are independent businesses or companies. Trade Training is a community based occupational and behavior management service that provides trainees with individualized support to enhance social vocational and developmental skills. This person-centered service will enable each trainee to reach his or her maximum potential by fostering occupational independence for integration within the community.
These companies are allowing trainees and our job coaches to be at their locations for:
- Real work experience
- Training at a real work site
- Direct and immediate interaction with employees at the work location
This will serve several purposes:
- Develop positive community integration with the public
- Positive influence through proper role models
- Learn vocational skills assigned to a particular trade
- Teach trainees how to interact with customers
The trainees have more physical responsibilities, expectations of work habits are more intense and behavior issues are worked through at the site, rather than simply returning to the base program. The responsibility is much greater and expectations are higher.